Pancakes, the American classic. Breakfast and brunch would just be incomplete without a stack of pancakes served with syrup, honey, with all your favorite seasoned fruits and some whipped cream. I always wanted to recreate the taste and flavor of pancakes served at IHOP without using eggs. This recipe is for all the pancake lovers who want the same taste and flavor in pancake without using eggs.
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Diced seasonal fruits (Mango/Banana/Strawberries/Raspberries etc)
- Chocolate/Strawberry syrup (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Take a bowl, add to it all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered sugar, salt. Give a whisk so all dry ingredients are mixed well. You can even sift the dry ingredients to have even mix.
- Take warm milk and add butter (salted/unsalted). Keep mixing till all the butter is melted.
- Now gradually add the milk to the dry ingredients and keep whisking as we don’t want any lumps in batter. It will be good if we keep whisking in one direction
- Now keeping the flame medium, add a ladle full of batter on pan. You will notice little bubbles will start appearing and they will start popping too. We don’t want the side to become completely dry before all the bubbles pop we will flip the pancake .
- Observe sudden small rise in pancake after flipping. In approximate 40-60 seconds the other side will be cooked too.
- Keep making pan cakes the similar way and stack them up.
- Drizzle some honey/maple syrup over it and top with favorite fruits and little whipped cream.
Additional Tips & Tricks
- Toppings are absolutely personal preference. I prefer mangoes, little whipped cream, some chocolate syrup and maple syrup.