Brownies, the favorite of all which originated in America, have now made place all across the globe. A chocolate brownie is a square or rectangular chocolate baked confection. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density.
A brownie batter is little dense than cake batter and that’s the reason for the fudge-like texture of brownie. A lot of chocolate and butter with less flour gives the perfect texture of brownie. In dessert bars it is usually served hot with a scoop of ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce. After a lot of attempts, I have nailed down to the below recipe for no fail perfect chocolate walnut brownie.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/6 cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4-1 Cup Milk
- handful chopped walnuts
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and then microwave it for 30 seconds. You can melt the chocolate using the double boiler method as well.
- Add butter to the molten chocolate while it’s hot as the mix will turn glazy. if the mix becomes thick you can microwave for another 20 seconds and stir it to become liquidy and glazy.
- Now add vanilla essence and sugar to the above mix. Mix this with help of whisk.
- Take another bowl and sift the all purpose flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in it . Give all these dry ingredients a good mix so that all are mixed nicely.
- Add all the dry ingredients to chocolate butter and sugar mix and fold nicely.
- Now slowly add milk in batches and keep folding to have a lump free thick batter. 3/4 Cup milk should be enough to have a good batter but add a little extra depending on the density of mix if required.
- Add some walnuts in batter and save some to be added on top after transfering the batter in baking tin.
- Spray the baking tin with Oil/Butter and put parchment paper at bottom to avoid sticking of the brownie to the pan after baking. Putting parchment paper helps in easy demoulding of brownie.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celcius.
- Transfer the batter to a baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree celcius. Check the brownie by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean your brownie is done.
- Let the brownie rest in a baking pan for some time to cool down before taking out and enjoy the brownie with some chocolate sauce and ice cream.
Additional Tips & Tricks
- I highly recommend using parchment paper at bottom to avoid clean and easy demoulding of brownie. It may not come out as easy as cake. Parchment paper will really help at this place.
- If using unsalted butter then add a pinch of salt to dry ingredients.
- If you are out of dark chocolate you can use a light variant of chocolate too.
- If using unsweetened chocolate then increase the quantity of sugar to balance the bitterness of chocolate.