Pineapple Cake with vanilla frosting, a cake which every one as a kid has enjoyed. This flavor combination holds a special place in my heart and I have a special liking for this simple cake. It gives summery vibes but I still would not deny eating this in winter. If you and your family also like pineapple cake this recipe is a keeper. It will yield out a moist, perfectly sweet and fruity flavor cake. After a long time I made this cake for my husband’s Birthday and everyone enjoyed this to the fullest.
- 1.5 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 teaspoon Pineapple Essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Oil (Any oil with no or neutral smell)
- a pinch of yellow food color (Optional)
- 1 cup sweetened Whipping cream /Heavy cream ( if using heavy cream use powdered sugar to sweeten it)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Canned pineapple
- Sift the dry ingredients i.e. all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Take Another bowl and add curd and oil to it and mix it using a whisk till both are combined to form a smooth and lumps free mix.
- Now add sugar and pineapple essence to the mix of oil and curd. Mix this with help of whisk.
- Now combine the dry ingredients in the wet one using the cut and fold technique .
- Add a pinch of yellow food color to your liking of the color of cake. This is completely optional.
- Spray the baking tin (9″) with Oil/Butter and put parchment paper at bottom to avoid sticking of cake to the pan after baking. Putting parchment paper helps in easy demoulding of cake.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Transfer the batter to a baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree celsius. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean your cake is done.
- Let the cake rest in a baking pan for 10 minutes to cool down before taking out.
- For Frosting I have used sweetened cream and whipped it using an electric beater using an ice bath method in an air conditioned room, since it is too hot here.
- After reaching the soft peaks, add a teaspoon of vanilla essence and whip it till stiff peaks are there.
- The cream got stiff peaks after whipping for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take cooled down cake and with help of brush let the cake soak in some of the pineapple juice from tinned pineapple can. This helps the cake to stay moist and juicy and not make it additionally sweet.
- Spread the whipped cream on the cake and put some pineapple chunks on it.
- You can make a layered cake as well and do frosting as per your liking.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- I would highly recommend using canned pineapple for this cake. Since they are perfectly sweet and fresh pineapple may be a little sour and will take cake off balance.
- You can use the syrup of canned pineapple to add to the sponge of cake, It will make it perfectly moist and just the right amount of sweet.
- Additionally some canned cherries can also be used for frosting the cake to your liking. It also makes a great combination.
- White chocolate pairs up really nice with it. You can also use shaved white chocolate to garnish the cake.